Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Beauty in the World



It's time to change the direction of previous. I thought that adding a few pieces of art will help expand this blog and offer the people reading something. I have been taking pictures since I went on a trip to Spain and bought a old Cannon SLR. I was probably 13 at the time, but once I started looking through a lens, I learned that you can capture a moment in time. When I look back at that first roll, maybe 1 shot worked out. But I see how far my passion has developed. Throughout the year I will begin to unravel insights about a moment of beauty, clarity and understanding.

The picture at the top titled "A Brooklyn Morning", was taken in a late summer morning in August 2008. Living in the Bronx, Brooklyn is a far travel to meet friend for brunch. IT means waking up pretty early on a Saturday morning. Being my first time in Williamsburg, I decided to bring my old beat up Cannon Rebel XT along. After a long drive my beautiful wife points out this beautiful iconic New York City image of a clothes line. Click. We found a very tranquil moment in the city that never sleeps. They are sparse, but when one finds them they bring a sense of calmness and peace into a hectic way of life.

New York City holds so many cultures, traditions, and history within it's borders. To think that Queens speaks more than 132 languages, more than any other place on the planet. Brooklyn where the picture was taken above harbored Washington's troops as the siege on Manhattan took place. You can wander through the neighborhoods around Park Slope and find old armories, fortresses, and brownstones built next to ancient cemeteries. Obviously these are drops in a river of culture that NYC possess. Look to Wikipedia if you already haven't to get a taste. If you are interested in more of my photos just email me.

No comments:

Post a Comment